- Placating people with options [dive into mark]
"Google Project Hosting is and has always been a tool to fight license proliferation. It is only incidentally useful"
- tecosystems - Google Code vs License Proliferation
"There is room in my philosophy for file based reciprocal licenses such as the CDDL, EPL, and MPL. While they may create islands of code, some of those islands are very large indeed"
- Launchpad, by Canonical
Speaking of FOSS project hosting, LaunchPad looks very cool. Take the tour.
- JavaFX, are we there yet? [kirk.blog-city.com]
"With this in mind, I'm pretty optimistic that JavaFX, being free and open, will become the preferred choice for building rich clients if..."
- OpenJFX: Open Source sidebar
"Sun is committed to delivering enhancements to the JavaFX platform and to this end will continue internal development
-- hmm... I don't understand the logic here
- Open Source and Cloud Computing - O'Reilly Radar
"almost all of the software stacks running on cloud computing platforms are open source, for the simple reason that proprietary software licenses have no provisions for cloud deployment"
- Patent Law Blog (Patently-O): The Death of Google's Patents?
"The Patent and Trademark Office has now made clear that its newly developed position on patentable subject matter will invalidate many and perhaps most software patents"
Dave Johnson in Links
08:00AM Aug 15, 2008