Roller 2.0 is now available on Roller's Java.Net download space
. Roller 2.0 is a major release that includes:
- Full support for group blogging. Users can have multiple blogs and can invite other users to join group blogs with three permission levels and simple workflow.
- Web user interface redesign. The entire UI has been reworked to support group blogging, simplify and enhance the user experience.
- Additional database support. Database creation scripts added for Apache Derby, IBM DB2 and Oracle (in addition to existing MySQL, PostgreSQL and HSQL-DB support).
- Superusers. Global administrators can now admin and edit any blog in the system.
- And lots more!. The release also includes numerous bug fixes and small improvements, see CHANGES.txt for the full list of changes.
This is a new release, but the Roller 2.0 codebase has been in use for weeks at a number of production sites, including blogs.sun.com and this site. Here are links to the updated documentation:
As usual, if you run into installation or upgrade problems, please seek assistance on the Roller mailing lists. Please report bugs and enhancement requests to Roller's JIRA based issue tracker.
Happy Thanksgiving everybody and a big thanks to everybody who helped out with this release!